Monday, February 11, 2013

Ephemera, Genealogy Style

From the collection of Gena Philibert-Ortega


One of my favorite events every year is a vintage paper fair in Glendale (California). This year I was able to pick up many great finds that are genealogical in nature including postcards, photographs, membership documents and occupational documents, church records and more.

I will be featuring many of these documents in blog posts and articles as examples of what our ancestors left behind.

Interested in attending a vintage paper fair? Below are the dates for California. For those outside of California try Googling "vintage paper fair" and the name of your state.



Want to know more about ephemera and genealogy? I wrote this post, Ephemera: A Surprising Fertile Genealogical Resource  for GenealogyBank on ephemera, including images of pieces from my collection.




No comments: