Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Signature Quilts: A Short Bibliography

This Sunday is the Jamboree Quilt Breakfast and I am honored to be speaking about a signature quilt top I own. My presentation Cigars, Murder and Women: Reconstructing a Signature Quilt's Community will be a look at signature quilts, their importance and some stories from one I am researching. I also will be bringing some other signature quilts with me.

Signature quilts are a wonderful resource for studying women's lives. Want to learn more about them? Check out some of the resources below.


Books
Chenoweth, Lynda S. Philena's Friendship Quilt: A Quaker Farewell to Ohio. Athens [Ohio: Ohio University Press, 2009

Haagenson, Heidi. The Tenney Quilt: Celebrating the Women of Minnesota's Tiniest Town. Minneapolis, MN: Mill City Press, 2007.

Nicoll, Jessica F. Quilted for Friends: Delaware Valley Signature Quilts, 1840-1855. Winterthur, Del: Henry Francis du Pont Winterthur Museum, 1986.

Nicoll, Jessica F. A Mirror to Show Thy Friends to Thee: Delaware Valley Signature Quilts, 1840-1855. , 1989.

Blogs

Album and Signature Quilt History 1830-Today. New Pathways into Quilt History by Kimberly Wulfert, Ph.D.

Signature Quilts: The Humble and the Proud. WomenFolk.com, America's Quilting History.

Nineteenth Century Signature Quilts. Quaker Quilts. Lynda Salter Chenoweth and Mary Holton Robare.

Researching Signature Quilts. Quilt History Reports. KarenQuilt.

1 comment:

Sharon~Two Bits Patches said...

'Reconstructing a Signature Quilt's Community': what a lovely way to say it! I have just started a reconstruction journey with my g-g-grandmother's quilt. My very new blog is www.chestercriswellquilt.blogspot.com.au