Saturday, November 21, 2009

Kreativ Blogger Award


This has been a very busy week and I haven't had a chance to thank my fellow bloggers who awarded me the Kreativ Blogger award.

Randy Seaver at Geneamusings,http://www.geneamusings.com/ Louise at Our Twigs, http://ourtwigs.blogspot.com/ and Darlene all nominated me. I am very humbled to be mentioned and want to thank you guys. It's hard when you blog because you don't always know if people actually read or like what you write. It's nice to be noticed.


So Randy Seaver states in his blog that you have to list seven things about yourself. So here are 7 things about myself:


1. I buy friendship quilts, quilts where the maker/s and sometimes others signed their names to the quilt, and then I research the names connected to the quilt.


2. I did my first pedigree chart in 2nd grade for a school assignment.


3. I worked in a library as a teenager and even did newspaper research for patrons.


4. One of my ancestors, Sophia Bell Lewis Wilson divorced in 1856. (Yes, people did get divorced in the 19th century!)


5. Sophia's son-in-law and my 3rd great grandfather was murdered by his neighbor for supposedly stealing a cow. The neighbor hid out for a year and then was finally apprehended. He had a trial but his dad was a judge in town and his family help founded the town. (I'll let you guess the outcome of that trial.)


6. I'm amazed at all our ancestors went through and how much easier life is today. I'm very grateful to live now and not in the 1800's (or even earlier time periods.)


7. I've written over 100 genealogy articles for GenWeekly and WorldVitalRecords.
Thank you to all my readers. I appreciate the comments I receive and that you take the time to read my blog. I sincerely appreciate it.

No comments: