Saturday, February 14, 2009

Beware of the Meat Casserole!

I think the food our ancestors ate and how they ate and everything to do with the kitchen can really enrich our family history. Afterall, who just wants to look at the dates and places for dead people?

One funny story involving my paternal great-grandparents and food is that one day my great-grandfather came home and looked through the refrigerator for something to eat. He found a Tupperware container with some sort of meat casserole in it and sat down and proceeded to eat it. My great-grandmother walked into the room and he commented to her about how tasty the casserole was.

She looked at him and said “what casserole?” When she saw the container he was eating out of she let him know that he was eating leftover dog food that she had put in the refrigerator. That didn’t stop my great-grandfather-he just kept eating it.

No comments: