Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Johnson-Berg Family History

On Sunday I went to the LA Regional Family Center located at the Visitor's Center at the LA Temple. I presented on Using Google for your Genealogy. We had a great time and it was a large group.

While there I learned that they are closing that Family History Center (FHC) for remodeling. I don't remember the exact dates but I believe it was March and it will be closed for about 6 months. So if you want to research there drop everything and go NOW! On their website they do have a form, http://www.larfhc.org/ to fill out that so that you can be notified when they have their grand re-opening.

I also spoke to Shelly R. Johnson and he told me about his book and website on the Johnson/Berg families. This book follows the families of his grandfathers, Carl Johan Jonsson (AKA Carl John Johnson) and Sven Bengtsson (AKA Swan Bengt Berg). You may contact Shelly through his website at http://www.johnson-berg.com/ for more information.

No comments: